Sports is a source of happiness, relaxation and physical exercise. It helps to maintain a healthy body with healthy mind in peace with fellow beings.
The College has well established playground and infrastructure for sports and games. Our students are divided into Four Houses; each House consisting of a mixed equal number of students from every department, year and class. The Physical Education directors organize several sports and games competitions for these four Houses, To motivate the students to participate in various inter-collegiate, inter-university and open tournaments. Our College has exemplary volleyball, cricket, football, kho- kho and kabbadi, martial arts teams.
To engage in pursuit of excellence in the promotion and development of sports and games, through innovative programs in coaching and training Students, and evolve a holistic approach to the betterment of human resources through a harmonious blend of body, mind and spirit.
- To promotion and develop of fitness & health of the body, mind and soul of students.
- To mould them into physically fit & emotionally matured citizens.
- To collaborate and coordinate sports activities with our University, State and National Sports Bodies to bring out the best in our sports personnel.
Physical Education Directors
13th ANNUAL SPORTS MEET – 13th OCTOBER 2023
- Mr. R. Ilanguru II B.Com(G) has participated in world record events , at AM Jain college. organized by Lion’s club.
- R.Ilanguru II B.com (G) has participated in District Level competition organized by world Silampam Sports Academy & In Indian book of world record achievement. He has secured 1st place at National level.
- He has participated in Legend Martial Arts Association of India, competition and won 1st place at National level.
- He was awarded best “Silampatta player” in International Silampattam competition organized Silampa Thamilan Academy.
- Mr. V. Dineshkaran – III B.com(G) has participated in 10th Inter District Level Yogasana competition and he won Ist Place of common category, organized by Thirunenthirathari Yoga Center and Lion’s club on 20/08/2023 at Vivekanantha Vidhyalaya school, Madurantakam
- He has participated in special category events of 11th South India Yogasana Championship.
- V.Dineshkaran – III B.Com and Mr. G. Srinivasa – II M.com bagged 2nd place in Surya Namaskar day celebration.
- Our students stood 4th place out of 23 colleges in men chess which was organized in Prince Shri Venkateshwara College, Gowrivakkam.
- In women chess, our team secured 16th place, at New Prince Shri Bhavani college, Medavakkam.
- Our Football women team won the first round in UNOM ‘A’ zone tournament.
- Our Kabaddi women team entered 3rd round in UNOM ‘A’ zone tournament.
- Vishnu, Department of Computer Applications, in 800mts middle distance running event stood 9th place in UNOM ‘A’ zone tournament, A.L. Mudaliyar Athletic meet at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Chennai.
- Deepak, Department of Business Administration, in 100 mts sprint finals stood 6th place in UNOM ‘A’ zone tournament, A.L. Mudaliyar Athletic meet at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Chennai.
- A. Nivetha, Department of Tamil, in Discus throw secured 5th place in UNOM ‘A’ zone tournament, A.L. Mudaliyar Athletic meet at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Chennai.
- Ms A. Nivetha, Department of Tamil, took part in Javelin throw event and secured 7th place, in UNOM ‘A’ zone tournament, Mudaliyar Athletic meet at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Chennai.
- C. Murugeswari, Physical director of our college, was a member in UNOM A ZONE for women Badminton selection team of inter-university South Zone tournament for women.
- M. Murali, Physical director of our college, was a member in UNOM A ZONE for men selection team for Chess as well as cricket, inter-university South Zone tournament.